Financial Capabilities I: Financial Counseling $900.00 per course
Housing counselors and social service case managers increasingly find themselves dealing with clients who need to address various financial barriers. This course provides the basic strategies and information needed to increase professionals’ ability to assist their clients. This is a beginner course which will leave a new counselor with all the tools to successfully counsel a client to reach their financial goals. The class will touch on ethical issues that may arise as well and give the best practices on how to run an efficient counseling session.
Participants in this course will be able to:
- Assist clients with Goal setting
- Understand how to analyze all income types including self-employed clients
- Assist clients in understanding what is “Affordable”
- Understand how to accurately analyze debt
- Confidently have a “Needs vs Wants” conversation with clients which includes risk analysis and understanding trade-offs
- Discuss savings options with clients which includes how and where to save
When you register for this course, you receive:
- Two days of financial counseling training
- Downloadable pdf files of guides and templates for program support
- Access to experienced industry professionals for guidance
Scholarships are also offered.
Review the NHNLA course calendar to find an upcoming Financial Capabilities course near you.