Financial Capabilities I: Financial Counseling $500.00
Housing counselors and social service case managers increasingly find themselves dealing with clients who need to address various financial barriers. This course provides the basic strategies and information needed to increase professionals’ ability to assist their clients. It covers the basics of financial counseling for low-income clients delivered as a current program enhancement or a new stand-alone service. Topics covered include barriers to increasing wealth faced by low-income clients, the financial counseling process, program design, client goal-setting and relationship-building, and developing a financial plan. It includes essential information on savings strategy and products, client income analysis, insurance products, and tax filing.
When you register for this course, you receive:
- Three weeks of instructor facilitated Financial Counseling training in an online virtual classroom
- Access to experienced industry professionals for guidance
- 100+ page manual broken down in an easy downloadable and/or printable format
- 24/7 access to self-paced group exercises and materials
- Course accessibility for 30 days after your course end date
Scholarships are also offered with any of the eLearning courses.
Review the NHNLA course calendar to find an upcoming eLearning course.