Home Equity Conversion Mortgage (HECM) Counseling $150.00
While this course is not a substitute for the certification course, this helps to educate counselors on the specific issues related to elderly homeowners wanting to use the equity in their home as an income source. This course offers a unique combination of topics for counselors focusing on the following:
- Understanding the advantages and disadvantages of obtaining a reverse mortgage
- Specific costs related to completing the transaction
- Available products
- Predatory lending risks
- Process for becoming a HECM certified counselor
When you register for this course, you receive:
- 2 hours of instruction
- Downloadable manual to guide counseling topic
- Online database technology screenshots to guide data entry
- HUD requirement integration for each topic
- Counseling information without leaving the office
Scholarships are also offered with any of the webinar courses.
Review the NHNLA course calendar to find an upcoming webinar course.